By default, when you create a new download and display it on a page, the button will read ‘Download Now‘. If this text does not suit what you are offering when using the Simple Download Monitor & Manager Plugin you can easily customize the text. There are two ways this text can be customized:
- Within the Edit Download page
- When you are manually entering a Shortcode
We will look at both these ways to customize the “download now” button below. Method one works well for those who are only offering a handful of downloads as this method requires editing each download page. Method 2 is a simple way to quickly customize a number of downloads on a page or where you need two of the same download to have different custom buttons.
Ways to Customize a Download Button
Method 1) Within the Edit Download Page
- Click on the Downloads menu.
- Edit the download where you would like to customize the button text.
- Within the Other Details section you will see a field titled Download Button Text.
- Within this field, type the text that you would like to be displayed on the download button. If this field is left empty, your button will read ‘Download Now‘.
- Ensure you Update your download once you have made any changes.
Method 2) Within the Shortcode
You can customize the download button text easy by adding a parameter to your download shortcode when putting it on a post or a page.
- Within a new post or page, paste your shortcode into the text editor (or use the shortcode inserter). Your shortcode will look similar to the following: [sdm_download id=”1327″ fancy=”0″].
- You will now need to add an additional parameter to your short code so that you can customize the button text. Add the following text to your shortcode: button_text=”Click here to download”. Your shortcode should now look similar to the one below:
[sdm_download id="00" fancy="0" button_text="Your Custom Text Here"]
- Edit the custom text so that your download button will read ‘Click Here’ ‘Download Me Now’ or similar text of your choosing.
- Publish or Update the page. View your download button from the front end of your site.