May 27, 2020 at 8:07 pm #1578
So i just recently bought the SF addon and installed. No problems there.
1) However, I added my MailChimp info and then did a test submission and I’m not seeing that email in my MailChimp account.
2) When I finish entering info into the form and downloading the item, there is no info under the STATS nav in WP but if I go the SQUEEZE FORM nav I see my name/email etc. So it’s logging the new submission but not doing so in the stats section or on mailchimp.
3) Lastly, (more of a question) but when I enter my info and then download the item, there is no success popup or any text indicating that the info went through. Is this something I’d have to custom code?
Let me know what you need to view this issue and we can go from there. Thanks for the help!!
DustinMay 28, 2020 at 1:01 am #1579adminKeymaster
1) Enable the debug logging feature and then do a test submission so you can see if the MailChimp add is working successfully.
2) The squeeze form submissions will go to the “Squeeze form” addons menu since the submissions are handled by that addon. So check the submissions under the addon’s menu.
3) The download event is the success trigger here. You can’t trigger a download and show a message. Think of the behavior you see when you click on a standard download link (which just starts the download of the file).
You can enable the “Deliver the Download via Email” option from the squeeze form addon’s settings and that will show a message to check the email (instead of triggering the download).May 28, 2020 at 9:47 pm #1580
I ran the debug. Here’s what i got back. I blanked out the email I used.
Looks like the API failed. Something I can check for there? I simply copy and pasted the API key from mialchimp and it was active on mailchimp.
2020-05-28 21:44:12: [SUCCESS] Sqeeze form submitted. Processing submission.
2020-05-28 21:44:12: [SUCCESS] Sqeeze form submission recorded in DB.
2020-05-28 21:44:12: [SUCCESS] Mailchimp signup is enabled.
2020-05-28 21:44:13: [SUCCESS] Making API call to subscribe user to list ID: 7ebedc66a3
2020-05-28 21:44:13: [FAIL] API error occured during mailchimp signup.
2020-05-28 21:44:13: [FAIL] Error details: 400: [email protected] was permanently deleted and cannot be re-imported. The contact must re-subscribe to get back on the list.May 29, 2020 at 4:29 am #1581adminKeymaster
Looks like a MailChimp account issue with that particular email. Can you test with an email that you haven’t deleted or blocked from your MailChimp account before?
If you are testing with one email address again and again, then MailChimp may think it is spam and block that particular email from being able to subscribe. This is something you need to fix in your MailChimp account (not our addon).May 30, 2020 at 1:45 am #1582
Ok i went back and tried a few different emails. Weird enough, I had about half the emails I tried come back with the same errors/fails and then the other half went through successfully. None of the emails I used were previously used in MailChimp so I’m not 100% sure why some work and some don’t.
I’ll keep my eye on this and monitor it for a bit and I’ll touch base if I see the issue persist. My goal with this is to eliminate JustUno as our current squeeze form so I need to be sure this works all the time so we don’t lose any leads.
Thanks so much. I’ll leave this open for a week just in case I need to post any news.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.